Tuesday, March 6, 2012

PURE HAPPINESS...with a little bit of worry

I am 16 weeks pregnant today and it all still feels like a dream.  I have never felt so content, blessed, excited for what the future holds and just genuinely happy as I do right now.  My belly is really starting to pop out and I am holding my breath for those first movements.  Or have I already felt them?  Being that I've never done this before, I don't if I have just been gassy or if I am actually feeling my babies move. 

Things have been moving along quite uneventfully so far, other than some nagging nausea in the evenings (which I refuse to complain about).  However, this past Sunday and Monday I experienced some pretty uncomfortable cramping very low in my abdomen.  While I didn't have any spotting, I decided to play it safe and call my doctor.  She seemed to think my cramping was a result of a urinary track infection, but after a quick urinalysis yesterday afternoon, we discovered that I don't have any kind of infection.  Doc thinks that perhaps I am experiencing bladder spasms or that my uterus is simply expanding which can cause uncomfortable cramping.  Fortunately, my cramping is pretty much nonexistent today so the doctor doesn't feel the need to see me until my next scheduled appointment...a week from today.  I know I shouldn't worry; it is most likely one of the many growing pains associated with pregnancy.  But I am still worried.  Because that is what I do. 

Due to all of the close monitoring we received during the first trimester, I think I got a little spoiled with all of the frequent, aka reassuring, ultrasounds we had.  Now we have to wait a whole month in between ultrasounds and it feels like an eternity.  Wow I sound like a complainer.  I need to take a deep breath, trust that everything is fine, and enjoy these wonderful miracles.                   

4 comments:

  1. yay for your new blog!! i can't wait to keep up with you this way :) so glad i could be a part of your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congratulations!!! So excited for you. And as far as the pains go... it is so stressful to be pregnant after infertility. I think I drove my OB completely nuts with all my calls. But you know, everything in pregnancy is NEW to my body, even if it's old hat to my OB, and I needed to know that each new thing wasn't something "wrong." You'll have so many new things happen, and always wonder if it's a wrong new thing. And that's okay. Just call your doctor and keep calling. That's what they're there for. :) It's much easier to relax when you can feel the babies move... so just choose to believe that little bit of gas is really a kick, because it probably is... and let that kick fill you with peace. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your pregnancy! This is so exciting! I was a very paranoid pregnant women who spent way too much time googleing my symptoms! :-) Enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hopped over to your blog and wanted to say congratulations first of all! I bet once you start feeling the babe more regularly you'll realize you've been feeling him/her for a while now. So fun, I miss those kicks. And once you start feeling movement, the time between ultrasounds (hopefully) won't be that big of a deal anymore because you'll know things are moving along fine with the swift kick now and again. Can't wait to follow along with your journey!

    ReplyDelete