Friday, April 13, 2012

Hints of a Nursery

About one year and three months ago, we were blessed with a beautiful home with four nice sized bedrooms...great for a big, happy family.  Of course we were easily able to fill up three of the four rooms rather quickly; our master bedroom, an office and a guest room.  Then there was the dreaded, very empty, fourth bedroom.  We had plans all along of it being our future nursery so we purposely kept it empty.  Some days, when I was feeling hopeful, I would keep the door open and gaze in at the empty room, dreaming of a nursery.  But most days, the door was pulled shut, to save me from any extra heartache...I was haunted enough by our countless failed attempts at having a baby. 

I know I've mentioned this in almost every one of my posts, but I still feel like I'm living in a dream.  Are there really hints of a nursery in my home??  I swear I'm an outsider watching someone else's life, like you would a movie, but then again, maybe this is really happening to me!  Furniture has begun to trickle in, bags of baby clothes have managed to find their way in the door (thanks to my amazing mother-in-law), and now the decorations I've been anxiously awaiting have arrived.  I can't believe the emotion I feel just by entering the...dare I say it....nursery.  I am bursting at the seems with excitement!  I can not wait to start building the cribs (rather watching my hubby build them, haha) and putting my creativity to work through decoration.   

I just can't believe how faithful God has been by answering our prayers and allowing our dreams to come true...I am blown away each time I think about it.

I will be sure to take pictures as the nursery progresses and I will post them soon.     

1 comment: