Monday, August 13, 2012

My Dream Came True On July 29, 2012!

July 29, 2012

A Birth Story

Welcome to the world, Molly Grace and Alexander Michael!  Here is how you arrived...

It was a normal Sunday morning and I had just given up hope of the twins arriving early; instead I reminded myself to be patient and wait for my scheduled c-section on August 10th.  I spent the morning organizing the office (aka nesting), and talked with my Dad on the phone for a few minutes.  Jokingly, he asked if I wanted him to pray for the babies to come soon; I laughed and told him just to pray that they would arrive right when they were supposed to.  

I sat down to eat some lunch with Mr. Type B and that is when things began to happen.  I felt a strange gushing sensation and quickly ran to the bathroom.  I soon realized that my water had broken and I shouted the news to Mr. Type B.  We were both wide-eyed and excited while we frantically showered and finished packing the last minute items in our hospital bag.

The ride to the hospital was relatively calm...traffic was at a minimum and we talked about how surreal it was that we were making "the drive" to the hospital.  The hospital's ER wasted no time wheeling us up to the maternity floor where they confirmed that my water had ruptured and discovered that my blood pressure was sky high.  I was in active labor at this point (4 centimeters) and the pain of contractions began to intensify.  I didn't realize how worried the doctors/nurses were about my elevated blood pressure until they began to make plans of getting me "on the table" as soon as the current c-section was completed.  What?!  I couldn't believe how fast everything was moving.  Mr. Type B alerted our parents that they babies would probably be here within the hour and then we signed a flurry of paperwork in preparation for the surgery. 

In what seemed like minutes, I was being wheeled back to the OR and receiving my spinal.  Everything was moving so fast that I didn't really have time to be too anxious about anything...a blessing in disguise.  Before I knew it, Mr. Type B was at my side, holding my hand and waiting for the arrival of Baby A.  At 7:04 p.m., little Molly Grace as born.  Mr. Type B stood up and made the announcement and we both started crying...we had a daughter!  She weighed 4lbs, 4 ounces and was 17 3/4 inches long.  A mere minute later, Baby B was being born.  Again, Mr. Type B shouted to everyone in the OR that it was a boy!  Alexander Michael was born at 7:05 p.m., weighed 5 lbs, 5 ounces and was 17 3/4 inches long.  I couldn't believe the emotion that followed.  Mr. Type B and I had tears rolling down our cheeks and we couldn't believe the amount of love we already felt for our children.  Amazingly, neither Molly nor Alexander had to go to the NICU, a small miracle in that they were born at 36 weeks and were so small. 

We spent the next hour in recovery, in awe of our two miracles and how much God had blessed us.  Who knew He had something so great planned for us!  Our lives are changed forever!


Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


First Family Photo

My Miracles


Grandma and Grandpa


Grandma and Grandpa


Sisters


Best Day Ever


Proud Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! A boy and a girl, they look so perfect! It sounds like everything went off without a hitch and now your two little miracles are here. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, congrats and welcome (a little late) to the twin club. It is awesome and your babies are so adorable. If you have any questions (not that I am an expert but I am 6 months in) please email me or post on my blog. Enjoy every second because the first 6 months has gone in the snap of a finger. Love the names by the way!

    ReplyDelete